Vlog 23rd September 2018
It’s all fine and dandy having an all bells and whistles gym program, but if you don’t address these 5 pillars of fitness ‘progress’, you’re wasting your time.
- Sleep 7-8 hours a night even if you think you’re a rebel who can survive on 5. Thrive, don’t just survive!
- Nutrition. Be an adult and eat your veg, protein, carbs, fats and drink water more. If nature provided it, eat it.
- Strength train. Progressively get strong – we’ll get to this on a later post.
- Aerobic exercise. Cardio is not the devil and doesn’t need to be a gut busting, puke-fest. Walk, hike, ride a bike, roller skate or take your skateboard for a whiz. Just get a bit out of breath – that is all it takes to help you.
- Movement practice. Choose a movement practice. Original Strength, yoga, pilates, Animal Flow, Parkour, stretch and roll around on the floor – whatever it is, do it every day.
Got any thoughts? Please talk to me.