As a coach, I’ve met plenty of people over the years who either had resistance to getting down to the floor, had previously had a fall and was reluctant to revisit the floor in any capacity or who quite frankly didn’t see any purpose to get to the floor for exercise or other.
There are many reasons to practice and train getting to the floor and back up again. Let’s make a short list.
- Improve your every day life and for its eventualities
- Prepare you with skills needed for when you have to get to the ground or a fall to the ground
- Improve your bodies mobility
- Improve your body awareness and coordination
- Improve your bodies resilience through increased strength and conditioning
- Decrease any fear of the floor
- Open opportunities to explore other movements and purposes of getting up and down
I’m not going to teach get ups in this post, but I will soon – I promise.
Here’s a glimpse of just 8 styles of ‘get ups’.
Got any questions or feedback? Get in touch below.