FitStrong Brisbane is my Strength & Wellness business that I run in the quiet suburb of Albany Creek, just 30 minutes north of Brisbane city. My goal or mission; to promote better health and wellbeing with the local community. I provide a schedule of fitness and strength programs, supported by a coaching program to help clients improve their lifestyle habits.
‘SIMPLE, SMART TRAINING FOR A FIT, STRONG AND HEALTHY LIFE’
Our training methods are based on a fusion of evidence based strength training protocols, human movement systems to improve posture, coordination and motor skills and not beating ourselves up in the gym.
We support and compliment these gym activities with good lifestyle habits and programs to provide a very wholistic program.
From young to less young, from the beginner to the advanced, everyone can train at FitStrong provided you follow our 3 rules.
If you want to move with more ease, move stronger, move quicker and for longer and want to be better prepared for life and its physical strains and stresses, you’ve found your place with FitStrong PT.
The professional organisations we align with and hold certifications with include:
- The movement restoration system Original Strength.
- The school of strength, StrongFirst.
- The Animal Flow bodyweight movement system.
- GMB, fun, simple and explorative movement programs.
- Precision Nutrition.
- The Tiny Habits behavioural system to build strong habits quickly and simply.
FitStrong Core Values
- I am committed to helping people to make a valued difference to their physical health and wellbeing.
- I vow to show courtesy & integrity to build trust with the people I serve.
- I shall conduct my day-to-day activities professionally, with dedication and best intentions towards the people I serve.
- I am always a student and committed to continually trying new things, to learn from industry leaders to bring the best practices back to the people I teach.
- I believe that in order to gain the trust and to build empathy with the people I serve, that I should lead by example in all facets of health and fitness.
You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives. Clay P. Bedford
About Me… briefly.
Hi, I’m Jamie Hunter, the proud owner, leader, head honcho and jack of all trades at FitStrong Strength & Wellness in Albany Creek.
My own introduction to health and fitness comes from an early infatuation with cycling and nutrition which culminated in a career in racing bikes. Cool yeah, but sadly ending rather early due to a knee injury. However, this opened doors for me to enter the fitness industry where much like my cycling career, specifics always took precedence. God help my clients in the early days of personal training as I had them on planned out waved training programs directed at every flaw and physical fault I could find! My personal training diploma in the late 90s focussed heavily on assessments and health appraisals and much like a Sherlock Holmes kind of PT, I sought out to direct programs on overcoming weaknesses whilst nurturing strengths. To this day, I still live by the same mantra, only more refined and much more simplified.
The applied knowledge of over 22 years experience gives me a strong-hold on achieving what the client wants. The employed strategies for weight loss, gaining muscle, getting stronger, moving better, getting faster and building endurance follow tried and tested ‘simple’ steps.